Business Process Control Consultant
Location: Duluth, MN
Duration: 6 Months
· Control and/or Automation Engineer, Mining Engineer, Chemical Engineer or Electrical Engineer
· Post Graduation, master or doctor degree in process control, chemical engineering or automation and control
• Work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams
• Identify potential causes of the problem by analyzing its component parts.
• Research and apply emerging and consolidated optimization technologies
• Able to identify major application areas for optimization technology and to calculate the potential financial benefits of that.
• Strong analytical skill
Key responsibilities of this role may include:
• Assess control loops performance and propose changes in the control strategies. Working knowledge of well-known techniques/indexes (Harris, Spectral Analysis, Autocorrelation, etc.)
• Knowledge and understanding of the software packages that collect process data and calculate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Tune control loops and identify instrumentation issues.
• Apply methodology to configure control loops, logics and interlocks in DCS
• Understand Alarm Management methodologies and techniques
• Developing process and functional design activities
• Creating functional requirements as an input to application design
• Developing and testing detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototypes
• Planning and executing data conversion activities
• Knowledge and understanding of DCS systems
• Knowledge and understanding of PLCs
• Understand the communication protocols between different DCS systems and other subsystems (Modbus, Profibus, Ethernet, etc.)