Location: Charlotte, NC
Duration: 4 Months +
Data Modeler responsible for evaluating current data structures, analyzing future requirements, and designing future data warehouse model. Banking knowledge preferred. Awareness of Netezza in how it impacts the data model would be nice to have. Extension to next phase probable.
· Ability to provide technical leadership and direction to software developers in the design of database objects and SQL performance tuning.
· Extensive with data warehouse modeling of Star Schemas to meet reporting requirements
· Experience leading efforts to design and develop data models - Conceptual, Logical and Physical database design.
· Experience managing large Database migration projects.
· 5+ years of database modeling and development experience. Strong SQL skills is a must.
· Candidate should have experience in full life cycle (SDLC) of Data Warehouse - design and implementation.
· Ability to capture business requirements and ensure all requirements are appropriately addressed by the proposed solution.
· Experience with Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading using ETL tools. In-depth knowledge of industry standard ETL and BI tools.
· Demonstrated experience using data-modeling tools.
· Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills are required.
· Strong background in BI/DW concepts