Data Modeling Architect - Senior Consultant
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 Months +
Location: Houston, TX
Working as part of the Enterprise Data Architecture team. Support project teams with their data modeling needs, including:
· Analyze physical schema of various source systems; typically will be application packages such as SAP and Maximo.
· Participates in development initiatives to develop logical and physical data models and to capture application specific Metadata
· Develop entity relationship diagrams to capture business rules and represent data structures.
· Leverage shared objects in the repository and conform to established data modeling standards.
· Review data models with IT representatives and business SMEs.
· Ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of data modeling concepts. Extensive experience with data modeling tools like ER/Studio or ERwin. An understanding of SAP data structures is a plus. Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles and practices, metadata management and associated processes. Strong requirements gathering experience. 5 + years work experience as a data or information architect.
· Strong experience with relational and dimensional modeling.
· Strong Business and Data Analysis background and experience with metadata management.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Self-starter, ability to work independently, and ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities to bring tasks to successful closure.
· Ability to work with team members that are dispersed geographically.
· Position will be based in Houston, TX. Initial duration is 3 months, with option to extend for additional 3 month increments.